CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

A WICKED WEEKEND



So I just got back from California yesterday and we had such a blast. We got to Burbank and went to Tiffany's (Sister that lives in Cali) home. She was there with James Richard because the girls were at school. We went swimming at her house in the 80 degree weather. It felt great to be in the sun. Most of us got sunburned but is was almost worth it. We then waited for the girls to come home and it was so good to see them. We left for our hotel and anybody that knows me knows that I must have left something at Tiffany's. However, I actually lost two items: my makeup bag and my Brighton bracelet from Tim.  
We got to the hotel and unpacked. We were all starving so we went to dinner in Pasadena at a small Mexican joint. It was for real Mexican food, not that tex mex stuff. SO GOOD! We got back to the hotel pretty late and stayed up playing cards and talking til Tiffany talked us all to sleep. The next day we went to Wicked the Broadway musical. We got the theatre and there were about 4 rows in front us us that were empty. We figured that a bus had not shown up yet. Soon after about 60 high school age kids walked in. They were all dress so modestly and cute. We figured it was maybe a church group. That was until I swore I heard rachelle's voice (best friend Krista's younger sister) I looked in front of me and one row ahead and two chairs over she sat. I was so shocked. It was Olympus High's concert choir. It was so fun to see her there. Wicked was amazing. I absolutely loved it. I can not believe that some people can sing like that. I had chills everywhere. 
This is the Witch hat necklace that we all bought for Nancy! She is the best Mother-in-law for taking us all. So kind of her

                                                                       Tiffany and Sarah              

                                                              This is us in front of the Theatre      
 
                                                     The only star that I knew!

                                                                  Stars in Hollywood

After the play we went to a outdoor mall nearby and that was so much fun. We went to eat at this amazing BBQ place. We also went to the American Girl Doll store. There were two ladies in there that asked the store worker "Where is the American Girl Dike." We all had a good laugh. We then went to the Cheesecake Factory and got some cheesecake. On the way home Tiffany accidently took the wrong way and it took probably an hour and a half to get back to the hotel. Its ok though Tiffany I am not mad, I swear. It gave everyone some time to eat there cheesecake and some bonding time. Sunday we just shopped and ate and came home. What a fun fun fun trip. Thanks Nanc for the trip. You are so sweet, and thanks to my fun sisters. I love you all. Thanks for including your stinky little brothers wife on your fun, lucky, neat, silly trip! Shout out to you Bets! 

                             Girls at dinner, starting with me: Nikki, Sarah, Betsy--- around to the back of the table Nancy, and Tiffany



4 comments:

bribets said...

Nikki...I'm so glad you were there. You are so fun to be around and are so cute! We sure did have a NEAT and SILLY trip and were sure LUCKY to get to do it. Love ya!

nancy haslam said...

Nikki I loved the pictures! I will tell you which ones I want. It was a great week-end. We will be lucky if we can go on such a neat week end again. I hope you didn't find us too silly. Love, Nancy
PS I don't want the picture of me with the tiny eyes and the BIG teeth.

Ann said...

That does sound wicked.....

(can you believe my nerdy teenage boys use that word as an adjective all the time...."sick", "sweet", and awesome were getting old.

Rachelle told me she saw you....that's too funny!

Nikki said...

OMGosh! That's so funny that you ran into Rachelle in Cali. What a fun vacay, I'm jealous!
P.S. Come to book club!!!